Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fit for a king


On a pilgrimage... there are times when you need guidance, sometimes we think a church building is the place to discover that guidance..... But there are signs everywhere...I took the above sign very very seriously... having tested and tasted the evidence I believe strongly Bennett's were right!

Today was a wonderful day, after de-rigours of yesterday I took it easy...lovely chat with my colleague Dave before setting out at about 11am... for an unhilly ride to York. On the way a deer chased past me:
I passed through beautiful towns and villages..The picture shows Tadcaster, famous for its three breweries.


I also had the bizarre experience of cycling through a castle...
would be fair to say I felt fit for a king today! especially when I arrived in Pickering and was given the warm welcome I received from a friends aunt and uncle. One of the Celtic prayers urges us to put "bread in the eating place." this has certainly happened for me.I've been treated like a King...tomorrow it is Hild's abbey at Whitby, and fish and chips on the front with old friends..Jamie and Dave....Fit for a king
(PS this strange castle was 
Where they filmed Brides head Revisited!)

No comments:

Post a Comment