Thursday, April 11, 2013

Nearly there... well nearly at the beginning

The old saying goes that every journey starts with the 1st step. Well mine starts with the first peddle....and although I've done 100's of miles of training....my pilgrimage starts on Saturday. I must admit to being very nervous... can I really maintain 50-60 miles a day, over hill down dale, in the country or city come rain or shine. (I for one am well chuffed with a wind change to a SWesterly.)
  Still every change, every pilgrimage must begin somewhere, and mine begins Saturday... wish me good fortune and perseverance and as the Irish celtic blessing says...
May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,

and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand
Can I say a big thanks to all those who have got me to this point. Of course the URC for giving me this break... my friends for training me and teaching me how to peddle and navigate, and of course my family.. for laughing at my craziness. 
I have raised over £2,000 I believe, but if anyone would like to put some more in... here are the pages for my two charities again:
http://my.give.net/lindisfarnebybike
 this goes to a little charity called Romans 1.11... it is a charity set up to create links between the church in Uganda and the church in the UK... Romans 1.11 says, we should be mutually encouraged. This summer my family will visit one of the schools/orphanages/churches that I have supported for years....I am well encouraged!
http://www.justgiving.com/stephen-Newell2
This is for a charity called Mission Direct, my daughter visited the Dominican Republic with them, and was inspired. As a family we will work for them this summer in Uganda and help to build part of a school for children with disabilities...particularly the deaf...hard work but rewarding.
you can also give the money to me and I will split it equally.  Thanks for all your support
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment